Services & Activities
- Sunday Services
8:30 Service is located in our historic sanctuary. This is a smaller setting and has our beautiful stained glass windows. This is a blended traditional service with softer music and less instruments. Children’s Church is not offered at this service, but children up through age 5 are welcome in our nursery located in the same building.
9:30 Coffee on the Fellowship Hall Porch. Jeff Pate will be fixing his amazing coffee each Sunday. Stop by to pick up your coffee on the way to Sunday School
10:00 Sunday School is held for about 50 minutes. We have classes for all ages. There are schedules posted in picture frames in all 3 buildings. You can also check out the Children’s Classes here or the Adult Classes here on the website.
11:00 Service is located in our Christian Life Center behind the main building. Due to our larger service, it is held in the gym, but we have great comfy chairs for this service. Most of the time, we have a full contemporary band, and this is the service that most of our college students attend. Children’s Church is offered for children ages 2 years through 2nd grade at this service. Parents, please check in your children at the table in the lobby. Nametags are required for our children
- Wed Women’s Community Bible Study: Meets during the school year.
Time: 10:00am on Wednesdays
Location: First Presbyterian Church in Sylva
Contact: Elaine White at 293-5785
Info: WCBS begins their Fall Study September 6th & 7th. They will study “Twelve Women of the Bible: Life-Changing Stories for Women Today”. In this 12-session Bible study, Lysa TerKuerst, Elisa Morgan, Jeanne Stevens and others look at the spiritual lessons learned from twelve biblical women and their implications for life today. WCBS meets every Wednesday morning, 9:00 am – 10:30 am at First Presbyterian Church of Sylva. Childcare is provided. An evening study is also available on Thursday (no childcare) evenings at 6:30 pm at Webster Baptist Church. For more info, contact Joyce Pope at 631-9496.
- Wednesday Dinner & Services
5:30 Dinner – We have a couple of cooking teams who take turns cooking a home-made meal. We accept donations to offset the cost of the food. If you cannot afford to pay or do not have cash on you, we do not keep track. Please stay anyway and join us for dinner!
6:00 GroundZero Youth Group – Grades 6-12 in the main building at GroundZero. Check out our coffee bar. Middle and high school split up for teaching on Wednesday nights. High schoolers are studying the heroes of faith in Hebrews. The middle schoolers are starting a 7 week study of the 7 churches in Revelations 2.
WebKidz ages 3 years through 5th grade check in at the table in the lobby of the CLC. Please stay with your children until 6:30. Summer is Music & Missions. Fall & Winter is the Gospel Project material. (This Wed, Aug 16 is their back to school pool party)
Babysitting is offered from 6:30-8:30. Check in for infants and toddlers is in the main building upstairs. At 7:30 the children join together in the CLC while CR continues.
Adults have a testimony/prayer service i the Sanctuary.
- Celebrate Recovery meets on Thursdays. Dinner is at 5:45 pm and CR meeting begins at 6:30 pm. Please go to our CR Webpage for more information.
- Men’s Community Bible Study: During the school year at 6:30am on Thursday mornings
Location: Webster Baptist Church Fellowship Hall
Contact: Rick Harper at 226-0945
Info: Men’s Community Bible Study begins on Thursday, September 7 at 6:30 am in the Fellowship Hall here at WBC. They will be studying the book of Galatians. All men are welcome to come.
- Men’s Breakfast: 8 am on the first Saturday of each month (Watch our bulletin for any changes.) Come for a full breakfast and stay for a devotion or testimony.
- Tasty Tuesday: The Joy Class invites you to a potluck luncheon at noon on the second Tuesday of each month. Bring your favorite dish or dessert to share. After lunch, stay for a devotion.
- Wedding and Baby Showers: Our church helps to coordinate a shower for each attender who is getting married or having a baby. If you know of someone at our church who is pregnant or getting married, please let the church office know. All women are invited to all of our church- sponsored showers.